Wednesday, May 9, 2007

You Snooze, You Lose

So, spring is here, and its about time! The weather this year's been pretty crazy-floods and tornados and all that. But today was really nice, if you can call 80-degrees and humid nice... its a welcome change. Yesterday I was hanging out after school waiting for my mom. So I walked to Starbucks, got a rasberry italian soda (which i highly recommend! it was reallllyyy good haha), and sat on a bench under this big flowering tree with its petals falling gently in the breeze, reading and I'm just like, 'How idyillic is this?!'. It was straight out of a movie, a really cheesy kind of movie but still.. Sometimes on the way home from school or something I just look around and realize how beautiful this place I live in is, I know it sounds soo cheesy but its true! It gets so easy to take the everyday beauty around us for granted because well, we see it everyday. But I think the blooming trees and new grass and more sunshine [and happpily thumping bunnies and fluttering butterflies etc, etc ha] kind of bring it back . It's like nature's way of saying "HEYYY! LOOK AT ME, I FREAKING GORGEOUS!!"...And now its May, and half the year is almost gone. Wtf happenes to time, seriously... So now that I'm (almost) done being all dreamy and gay (like, happy gay. happy cuz ur high on Zoloft gay. Not that I'm high on zoloft or anything i just meant.. whatever) heres a song called Tulips, by my favorite band of the moment, Bloc Party, yay!!!!!

Bloc Party- Tulips [mp3]

So can I start ranting now? Okay. I just paid 63 bucks. To take a test. The SATs. Whhhyyy??? I should've just used my dad's credit card to buy a dress and some shoes or that magic scarf from American Apparel, it's not like I want to go to college anyway.. Ha, that couldnt be further from the truth I actually cant wait. Like i want to go NOW, skip senior year and everything. I guess everything in its own time or whatever, whatever.. Anyway, I did kind of wait until 10:30 the night of the deadline for already late registration, but that couldnt really be helped kind of, mostly... and now I have 24 days to study for it! Fun times....
So also, I've decided that I've got to "change my sleeping habits", stop napping so much. Like its seriously really bad! There are times when I'll get home from school at 5:30, take a nap, and not wake up till the next morning. Which would be great, if I didnt have a bazillion things to do every night what with the ridiculous amounts of homework teachers have decided to start spewing at us, and teaching myself physics so i wont completley fail the state exams (which is a rant for another day), and now SAT prep... Or I wake up late, stay up all night, sleep for maybe an hour till i wake up at 5:30, then sleep through most of school... It's like I'm nocturnal. I have no problem with being nocturnal, really. It's just that most other humans arent, so when summer rolls around i dont want to sleep all day and be partying hard, all by myself at 2 in the morning. Which i do now, but is getting old pretty fast ha. I have no idea why I'm telling you this. Bordering on too much information, isnt it? Well anyway, I'm done for today, youre off the hook, Haha. Here's this song that's stuck in my head. I love Maroon 5, and I love the song, but it really needs to stop. Like my naps...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I still never did take the SATs....
o well